Skiing in Andorra
In a nutshell: Great value skiing, British ski instructors and modern lift networks. Andorra offers a serious alternative to traditional alpine ski holidays and delivers more bang for your buck if you’re a beginner or intermediate skier.
- An Andorra ski holiday is significantly cheaper than skiing in the Alps. Everything from lift passes, eating and drinking on the mountain to hotel accommodation is considerably cheaper than what is available elsewhere in Europe.
- Andorran ski resorts have received significant investment in recent years which means modern and comfortable ski lifts, great snow making facilities and well maintained pistes.
- The main ski resorts are all brilliant for beginner and intermediate skiers. Gentle tree lined runs and excellent ski schools are perfect for building confidence on the mountain.
- Skiing in Andorra is a European ski holiday with a twist. After a big morning skiing in the sunshine, we’d take tapas and sangria for lunch over beer and tartiflette any day of the week.
We don’t like:
- There is limited ski-in / ski-out accommodation available in many Andorran ski resorts.
- Most towns serving the ski resorts in Andorra have become built up and lack the traditional charm available in many Alpine resorts.
- Limited skiing for advanced skiers versus many of the larger Alpine resorts.
- Most Brits fly into Barcelona to start their Andorran ski holiday due to the regional departures and cheap prices available. The transfer time to most Andorran ski resort can take up to 3 hours from Barcelona which means a long travel day. If possible we recommend flying into Toulouse where the quickest transfer time can be done in 2 hours 10 minutes.